Where do the States of_________. derive their just powers?

Here we will discuss where United States and States of United States have territorial jurisdiction to compel obedience to "federal" or "state" law.
Geod Manson

Where do the States of_________. derive their just powers?

Post by Geod Manson »

From CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA—1787. And their Constitution clearly states where the congress shall make rules and regulations. @ Articles I-8-17
To exercise exclusive Legislation in all Cases
whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding
ten Miles square) as may, by Cession of particular
States, and the Acceptance of Congress, become
the Seat of the Government of the United
States, and to exercise like Authority over all
Places purchased by the Consent of the Legislature
of the State in which the Same shall be, for
the Erection of Forts, Magazines, Arsenals,
dock-Yards, and other needful Buildings;—And
18 To make all Laws which shall be necessary
and proper for carrying into Execution the foregoing
Powers, and all other Powers vested by
this Constitution in the Government of the
United States, or in any Department or Officer
thereof.
and;
IV-3-2.
The Congress shall have Power to dispose of
and make all needful Rules and Regulations respecting
the Territory or other Property belonging
to the United States;
The State of California also clearly states where it's Territorial Jurisdiction lies. Within their government codes 110-127.
110)"...The extent of such jurisdiction over places that have been or may be ceded to, purchased, or condemned by the United States is qualified by the terms of the cession or the laws under which the purchase or condemnation is made. and;
126)"(B) The lands are held by the United States for the erection of forts, magazines, arsenals, dockyards, and other needful buildings within the purview of clause 17 of Section 8 of Article I of the United States Constitution, or for any other federal purposes. For purposes of this section, lands held by the United States are defined as: (i) lands acquired in fee by purchase or condemnation, (ii) lands owned by the United States that are included in the military reservation by presidential proclamation or act of Congress, (iii) any other lands owned by the United States, including, but not limited to, public domain lands that are held for a public purpose, and (iv) leaseholds acquired by the United States over private lands or state-owned lands that are held for a public purpose. "
The lists within 111) 112) 115) 118) 119) 126) and 117) describe those lands mentioned in 110) and 126)
https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/codes_displayText.xhtml?lawCode=GOV&division=1.&title=1.&part=&chapter=1.&article=2.

Logos
Site Admin

Re: Where do the States of_________. derive their just powers?

Post by Logos »

To quote the Memorandum of Law:

Proprietary power—the exercise of proprietary rights—is the right of a property owner, and that is the sole basis of all written law as upon the subjects and employees of that territorial government which claims proprietary interest.

The States of_________, being inseparable parts of United States, derive their just powers from
  • (a) the places and waters, continental or insular, owned by The United States of America within the exterior boundaries of the States (depicted on the map) ["my stuff, my turf, ergo my rules"], and
  • (b) those people who voluntarily choose to be beholden to States via employment or admission to U.S. citizenship [the 'consent of the governed' required per the 1st Organic Law, the Declaration].
This is the same as one having just powers over (a) one's own land which entails, for example, the territorial jurisdiction to make "house rules" pertaining to said land, and (b) those who enter into a voluntary servitude to you, e.g., by becoming your "employee".